Current State of ALS Research
- Little concentrated effort by Pharma and Biotech companies to produce a drug
- Little is known about the disease.
- No biomarkers.
- Hard to create a cure for something that can’t be identified
- No new ALS drug in over 22 years since Relizolein 1995
- Only ALS drug available (upside is 10% reduction in decay rate)
- Radicava, in 2017 was a repurposed stroke drug; Questionable success
Rare Disease = Low Revenue Potential
- $$$$ US Cancer population = 2 million
- $ US ALS Population = 20,000 to 25,000